Trauma Informed Environment
- North Star believes that most families that are experiencing homelessness are very stressed and traumatized by the experience.
- North Star attempts to provide a trauma sensitive environment that:
- Listens to families’ needs.
- Provides support and resources.
- Ensures a safe, secure and clean-living space.
- Fosters age appropriate growth for children.
- North Star believes homelessness doesn’t discriminate so anyone could experience the loss of their home very easily through loss of a job, loss of a significant other, medical issues, accident, etc.
- North Star believes that progress often comes through small successes and repeated practice.
- Additionally, we believe in forgiveness and realize that everyone makes errors in judgement in life priorities.